Unpack Your Inheritance - Inclusive Leadership Skills (VLT)
This virtual live training (VLT) takes place via Zoom; the Zoom link will be emailed one day before the session.
Date and Time: Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022, 1:00 -2:30PM EST
Training Length: 90 min.
Price per seat: $75
Please note: This training requires pre-work
Facilitator: Mallory Combemale, Inheritance Project
Description of training:
We all have an inheritance. We all have a story. Unpack Your Inheritance is a transformative new approach to DEIB conversations that teaches inclusive leadership skills through the lens of inheritance.
In this 90min immersive virtual experience, you will begin the journey of unpacking your unique inheritance: the ancestry, culture, beliefs, values, social conditions, stories, traits and perspectives that make you who you are.
How can we expect to create an inclusive environment for others, if we are not first comfortable with our own story?
The tools and exercises you will experience in this workshop are designed to build self-awareness and model a culture of inclusivity, where each individual's unique inheritance is cherished and celebrated.
You will leave with:
- A deeper understanding of yourself and how your inheritance shapes how you lead and communicate
- Five practical tools to facilitate more inclusive meetings
- Confidence to engage in conversations about diversity, inclusion and identity at work
Join us if you are:
- A leader or team member curious about how to create a genuine culture of belonging at your organization
- Seeking practical tools to advance inclusivity at your workplace
- Looking for a transformative approach to inclusion work, that moves beyond traditional bias trainings that are surface level and ineffective
Prepare for this experience:
- Before the session, begin to explore your inheritance with our free online workbook. Please set aside 30min to give this reflection exercise your full undivided attention: www.inheritanceproject.org/
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, as we will be standing and moving around
- Have a paper or journal and pen with you, as we will be doing a brief written reflection exercise
- Set yourself up in a quiet place where you can join with video and be fully engaged throughout
- We will begin on time so please arrive 5 minutes early to the session to make sure you're all set up with your technology and able to get in with ease
- This will not be a typical, boring webinar that you can listen to while multitasking.
- The experience will be interactive, use your full body, and require your full presence and attention. You will reflect and connect with others, so be ready to participate.
- Therefore, we require you to be present on video for the entire 90mins to uphold the brave space we all will create together.
- If you join more than 15 minutes late, you will not be admitted as the information we cover upfront is essential for your experience.
- If you don't turn your video on or let us know about a specific tech issue, we will remove you from the session.
MEET YOUR FACILITATOR
- Is a Chinese-Singaporean-French-
American-Londoner living in NYC and has spent her entire life grappling with questions of identity
- Has 10+ years professional facilitation experience, including as a Lead facilitator at the Deloitte Greenhouse and for high profile global events such as UNLEASH, the world's largest Social Innovation Lab convened by the UN
- Believes that dialogue can change the world and is the key to resolving the darkest conflicts of our age
- Loves to dance and is a huge fan of adrienne maree brown's Pleasure Activism
ABOUT INHERITANCE PROJECT
Inheritance Project is an emerging leader in the DEIB field. They offer a refreshing approach to addressing topics of identity at work and teach actionable inclusive leadership skills through the lens of inheritance. Their work spans public and private sector; their clients include Suffolk County Government, Vanguard, Deloitte, McCann Health NY, and Signature Theatre. Learn more.
Inheritance (n): ancestry, culture, beliefs, values, social conditions, stories, traits and perspectives received from past generations.